£51000 - £58000 per annum + Excellent
over 2 years ago
Project Engineering Lead
A Project Engineering Lead is required to join a growing engineering team within (MAP) which operates as a prime contractor on complex airborne sensor system programmes.
This lead role will be primarily focused on engineering development and delivery of a Technology Demonstrator Programme, providing management, technical direction and leadership in conjunction with the Chief Engineer.
The PEL will be responsible for the Engineering schedule, budget and engineering milestone adherence. The PEL will work closely with the Chief Engineer and Customer/End User to agree the technical solution and manage Customer expectations. The PEL will also be responsible for creating and owning the Engineering Management Plan and ensuring that the engineering aspects of the project are delivered in accordance with Company Life Cycle Management, legislative standards and be responsible for planning and managing the maturity design reviews.
Working within the IPT:
* To ensure that the Engineering Programme, to deliver the proposed solution, is effectively planned (risks/opportunities are identified, estimates are validated, plans are produced, reviews are held, reporting mechanisms are in place) and it is achievable.
* Provide engineering leadership to a multi-disciplined, integrated engineering team throughout the project lifecycle, to deliver on time and in budget.
* To ensure the Engineering team delivers the "best value" solution, compliant with: the customer's technical and budgetary requirements; contractual, safety and legislative standards; and is consistent with the business strategy.
* Promotion of streamlined ways of working across the engineering lifecycle in order to be competitive.
* To ensure re-use and modularity across any solutions proposed.
* Establish and maintain good lines of communication across the Engineering IPT and upwards to the IPT lead
* Support the management of Suppliers and project Make or Buy decisions
* Control project configuration and change management
* Work closely with the Project Chief Engineer to resolve technical or programme conflicts and ensure that the design rationale is documented
* Provide input into the Project Engineering Manager reporting structure and Integrated Business Management framework in a timely manner.
* To provide the Engineering Management function, regular updates on current project activity
* Personally coach and mentor other engineers and act as a role model for appropriate behaviours.
Ensuring effective implementation of the company's Lifecycle Management, including Design & Gate Reviews and Processes, to:
* Agree qualification & acceptance criteria and design certification
* Validating and Meeting Targets for Development of Design Maturity
* Be responsible for all engineering aspects of the monthly Project Performance Reviews
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
+Typically degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering or science subject
+Typically meets the requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer with the IET
+Good problem solving ability
+Good schedule and budget control
+Good written and verbal communication skills
+Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
+Strong leadership competency but also can demonstrate team working skills
+The ability to manage Engineering teams, across multiple disciplines
+Knowledge of systems engineering requirements and acceptance practices
+Knowledge of engineering lifecycle and business process