£55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent
about 2 years ago
Project Engineering Manager
Would you like to lead a multi-disciplined engineering team, generally on high complexity, high value programmes?
To ensure that the Integrated Project Team (IPT) delivers an integrated solution that is compliant
with the customer's requirements, both contractual and legislative.
To ensure that the Engineering programme, is effectively planned and managed, from a
performance, schedule and cost perspective.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Provide leadership of large multi-disciplined engineering teams.
* Delivery of the overall engineering solution to time, to cost and to performance.
* Develop, implement and own the overall engineering plan, establishing key development and
delivery milestones with associated interdependencies.
* Challenge and validate estimates and schedule, and identify forward load requirements for own
* Maximise business value by appropriate tailoring of engineering process to suit the specific needs
of a Project.
* Manage compliance of the design solution against the overall customer requirement.
* Ensure critical design features are identified and tracked.
* Work with the Project Chief Engineer to resolve technical or programme conflicts.
* Ensure that corrective and preventative action is taken to address any non-conformance.
* Evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks and identify any opportunities.
* Support Procurement in make and buy decisions.
* Participate in Contract Status Reviews, Design Reviews and Progress Reviews and ensure that
appropriate actions are placed, recorded and driven to closure.
* Coach and mentor other engineers as appropriate.
* Promote a culture of best practice knowledge sharing and exploitation within own IPTs, Projects
and Business Area.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Proven track record of delivery in complex product development.
* Design of engineering system and architecture definition.
* Design for manufacture principles and implementation.
* People management of between 10 - 30 multi-discipline engineers.
* Well-rounded engineering experience in all phases of the lifecycle across several projects or
* Experience of customer/supplier relations.
* Project management, (in context of an Engineering Manager).
* Significant experience in all aspects of engineering task planning.
* Typically degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Typically meets the requirements for registration as a
Chartered Engineer and be an active member of a relevant Professional Body.
* Verifiable evidence of experience in the above responsibilities.