£425 - £450 per day
5 months ago
Contract: 3 months with likely extension
Rates: £425-£450 per day (inside ir35)
Why the job matters
The project manager will lead a project team of up 30 people, as well as multiple 3rd party suppliers. The project manager will be responsible for the definition and delivery of time-critical outcomes, working with third party suppliers organisations who are delivering key components of the overall solution. This project is delivering the migration strategy for a number of Mobile Network Services.
What you'll be doing - Accountabilities
- Leading - Mobilising and coordinating large virtual teams (Up to 30), often working with external partners and suppliers, to deliver against business objectives.
- Influencing - Using domain and industry experience to positively affect project delivery, introducing new ways of working.
- Planning - Ensuring that the project is appropriately scaled and resourced to deliver the agreed outcomes.
- Negotiating - Interlocking scope and phasing between projects, to deliver outcomes against agreed business demand.
- Driving - Making delivery and prioritisation decisions on a daily basis to manage level of risk. Measured on successful delivery against project outcomes, primarily anchored around time, cost and quality.
- Governing - responsible for all project governance, including financial, budget management (for up to £10m annual budget) and financial risk management across the project.
- Reporting - responsible for managing delivery risk across the project of work, providing valuable management reporting across the entire stakeholder base.
- Collaborating - working across multiple teams and functions within and out of the company.
- Extensive experience in managing large, complex Mobile Network projects
- Experience of Cloud Technologies
- Experience of Agile Ways of Working
- Experience in leading medium-large matrix teams
- Experience and management of annual budget up to £10m.
- Extensive stakeholder experience across and out with the business, with regular engagement up to and including Director-level.
5 Key Skills
- Driving delivery and prioritisation decisions
- Governing delivery
- Influencing using domain and industry knowledge
Connected Leaders Behaviours
- Bold Decision Maker
- Collaborative Partner
- Commercial Thinker
- Project delivery and phasing
- Risk management
- Project budgets