£40000 - £48000 per annum
over 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, costing, on time delivery and reporting of key projects, and to drive substantive improvements in processes and costs. The ability to deliver on time results, provide accurate information, manage resource and risk whilst effectively communicating and liaising with stakeholders is key to being successful in the role.
Within this role you will:
- Deliver projects on time to cost, and to agreed performance and quality targets (internal & customer)
- Work with internal stakeholders, managing conflicting resource prioritisations to ensure programmes are delivered on time.
- Develop the project management process, infrastructure & resources
- Ensure that responsibilities, accountabilities and communication lines are clearly understood and agreed by all stakeholders from project kick-off.
- Escalating and highlighting immediately known changes / risks / opportunities on programmes to relevant internal stakeholders, identifying remedial actions.
- Support Bid Proposals through delivery of accurate and relevant information to the Bid Team
- Ensure Programmes are completed to agreed timescales, within costs and meeting business KPI.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure that 'Design to Cost' objectives are clearly defined and effectively managed throughout the project lifecycle.
Ideally you will have:
- Degree qualified in a related subject.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Project Manager role in a similar sized or larger organization
- Relevant certification in Project Management
It is essential to the role that all candidate must be eligible for security vetting. Ability to obtain SC/DV clearance.