£40000 - £60000 per annum
28 days ago
Project Manager - Defence; Space; Aerospace
- Project Manager; Programme Manager; Project Lead
- Defence; Space; Aerospace; Electronics; Engineering; Manufacturing
- Chelmsford, Essex (Hybrid)
- £40,000 - £60,000 + excellent bens.
From satellites searching for new planets to rovers mapping the surface of Mars, for 40 years space customers have depended on us to provide technology that is literally out of this world. We have been trusted to design and deliver imaging sensors and sub-systems to over 150 space missions helping humankind to better understand the world we live in. We have grown, and we have ambitious plans to continue to grow even more!
To support our continued growth, we have exciting new opportunities for a Project Manager to join our expanding team. You will be leading technical and systems integration projects and working with some of the best names in the industry, from start-ups to SMEs, the European Space Agency and NASA!
Main responsibilities will include:
- Management of a portfolio of projects ensuring that effective project management techniques are consistently applied.
- Establish and maintain a governance structure to ensure coordination of work including estimations, scheduling, forecasting and internal reporting.
- Forge strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure that goals and objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed.
- Effective communication of project status and delivery to respective stakeholders utilising metrics and scheduling tools where necessary.
- Identification of project risk, issues and dependencies, seeking resolution before escalation.
- Interface with the Finance Team to establish and monitor budget, by ensuring the availability of supporting data enabling collation and analysis of relevant data such as schedule derived ETCs and factored risk cost exposure.
- Work with Business Development, Engineering and Programme Directors to develop technical and commercial solutions to customer's requirements.
- Strong organisational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills being a team motivator capable of building strong relationships with peers, customers and suppliers at all levels.
- Experienced in the principles of Project/Task based Management, Risk Management, MS Project, Programme Performance Reviews and Cost Account Management.
- Experience of managing multiple projects and programmes in a controlled environment, making best use of recognised methods
- Able to lead and support problem solving of complex issues across functional boundaries, to summarise and identify key concerns and follow through with the development and execution of corrective action plans to resolve issues.