NPPV2 or NPPV3 with MET extension
4 Months + extension
£400-450 per day
- The Programme involves the delivery of varying types of in-life change projects, including WAN/LAN implementations, DataCentre upgrades and Cloud based deployments.
- Minimum security clearance is SC. Preferred is NPPV2 or NPPV3 + Met Police Extension. Candidates who only have SC clearance will be required to apply for NPPV2 clearance.
- Core Skills required include Planning and Control, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Governance
Purpose Of Role:
- Has lead role and responsibility for planning and managing small to medium-sized projects (£150k to £1m). Is likely to manage sections of large projects and will input into the project planning process as a member of a large project's management team. May involve the supervision and management of other project staff and may work with external consultants to ensure deliverables.
- Has defined management responsibilities for project team, involving people, budget and planning. Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives.
- Must have developed communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships. Will interface with 3rd party suppliers, which involves the agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously. Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management and a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines, which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. six sigma and network management processes).
- Evaluates, sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information.
- Projects may involve a higher element of risk to business and require ability to use recognised project management methods and processes, depending on risk profile and governance needs.
- Is recognised as a key supplier in delivery of a client
- Must have proven ability to apply relationship management skills and to be able to build and own client and stakeholder relationships at senior level
- Third party suppliers may have to be managed in terms of deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Directs and manages on all elements of project.
- Might lead a team on a portfolio of "small" projects.
- Acts as lead change agent with ability to identify stakeholders and manage relationships, risk and engagement to deliver the project's outcomes successfully.