£300 - £400 per day
almost 2 years ago
6 Month Contract
£300-400 per day DOE
I am currently looking for a project Manager with experience from a telecommunications background. This is a 6 months project that is likely to extend and the location is flexible but there will be the odd bit of travel to Reading and Manchester on occasion.
Purpose of role:
- First level role, with specific project management, responsibility for planning and co-ordinating small scale (please see project matrix for further detail) projects affecting a BU or LOB.
- Delivers a contracted package of work on time, within budget, enabling the expected business benefit and to the client's satisfaction, managing issues, risks and dependencies successfully along the way.
- Will be typically responsible for one or more deliverables, including the financial impact for owned elements (e.g. a milestone/subproject/work-stream leader within a bigger project) of projects, and expected to be accountable for those elements of the projects. Stakeholder and Client relationships are short term and are specific to project needs. Some limited interface with 3rd party suppliers, which may involve ensuring timeliness and quality of deliverables.
- Experienced in Ethernet and Broadband delivery with a proven track record in delivering volume, at pace, to time and target.
- Experienced project manager with appropriate accreditation and a proven track record in using PM tools such as MS Project and also MS Excel.
- Proven track record in stakeholder management, able to influence at all levels and able to work with external customers demonstrating a high level of customer focus.
- Highly effective at Risk & Issue management able to drive project to successful conclusion.
- Customer facing skills/experience and able to travel to the Reading/Newbury or Manchester area (as required) building close and effective relationships with the end customer
- Will have at least three years relevant experience of project delivery (i.e. project leadership, responsibility and accountability).
- Typically has experience of owning many smaller projects over a number of years. Good record of delivering against pre-determined requirements, often in reasonable timescales.
- Familiar with, but not necessarily accredited in, a formal Project Management methodology such as Prince Foundation, 6 Sigma or APMP. Has received formal training and can apply the knowledge to specific project circumstances with coaching and direction from more senior project personnel.