Project Manager - Bid
3 Months +
£450-500 per day outside IR35
- Has responsibility for planning and managing small to medium-sized projects that may significantly affect the organisation. Is likely to manage sections of large projects and will input into the project planning process as a member of a large project's management team. Supervises the work of more junior Project Managers and other project staff and will work with external consultants and suppliers to ensure deliverables.
- Has defined management responsibilities for project team, involving people, budget and planning. Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives.
- Must have strong communication and negotiation skills including the ability to persuade and influence senior client and stakeholder relationships. Will interface with 3rd party suppliers, which involves the agreement, planning, timelines and quality of deliverables.
- The Project Manager will have responsibility for managing all project risks and issues to minimise impact on the project.
- The Project Manager will have responsibility for managing and overseeing all work packages within the defined customer project and will be accountable primarily to the customer for its delivery. A robust roll out plan for the project will be agreed with the Customer through face to face engagement, with all plan elements clearly defined in terms of business activity and Customer activity.
- The Project Manager will be well versed in Customer Relationship Management - they will take direct control of the project, and will be responsible for managing the customer and project stakeholders in order to influence the project requirements to ensure the successful outcome. They will manage any project related changes that arise during the implementation phase. The Project Manager will keep the customer informed of progress throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- The Project Manager will have responsibility for Delivery of Programme and Project Management bid material.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously. Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management methodology with a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. risk and network management processes).
- Evaluates, sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solutions may require some new planning and resource elements.
- Projects may involve a higher element of risk to business and require ability to use recognised project management methods and processes, depending on risk profile and governance needs.
- Is recognised as a key supplier in delivery of a client or internal business benefit.
- Must have proven ability to build stakeholder relationships at senior levels and manage these to achieve defined business aims (e.g. GM and above or prime external customer).
- Appropriately manage 3rd party suppliers in terms of selection, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Directs and manages on all elements of project and should guide more junior project staff.
- Responsible for delivery of Programme and Project Management bid material and text in support of non-standard and complex bids.
- Might lead a team on a portfolio of "small" projects.
- Act as a lead change agent with the ability to channel resources effectively or to identify the change impact on the organisation and manage relationships, risk and engagement to deliver the project's outcomes successfully.
- Qualified member of a recognised project management body (Prince2, APM, PMP)
- Experience of complex project delivery and stakeholder management as defined by the needs of the business, including customer, project team, project suppliers and other affected parties.
- Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threaten to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals (resource, budget or stakeholder in nature).
- Will have had five to seven years' experience of managing projects
- Delivering major projects or programmes to the MoD or other Government.
- Experienced user of, and/or accredited in a formal Project Management methodology such as Prince2, APMP, ITIL qualification, Risk Management Qualification or 6 Sigma.