£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent
about 2 years ago
Could you deliver cutting edge technology projects supporting the latest digital developments to our military customers?
As a Project Manager, you will be leading various projects ranging from secure 4G communications networks to augmented virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines. You could play a part of developing the technology to send a secure SMS to an inflight Typhoon, or even phone the pilot during a sortie. You could be maximising big data for aircraft availability, ships and land vehicles or developing web based solutions to keep airspace safe. From 3D mission planning systems for fast jets to safety critical London Underground timetabling this role has something for everyone.
This role will provide you with the scope to develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
Your main responsibilities as a Project Manager will involve:
· Management and leadership of the project and delivery team
· Supporting the development of business cases and bidding documentation
· Identifying project objectives and outcomes
· Developing and tracking project plans, budget and schedule
· The identification, development and management of stakeholder relationships
· Accurate reporting of project status to team members, leadership and external stakeholders
· Ensuring business, project and quality management processes are effectively applied across projects
· Identifying project quality goals and lifecycle management (Gate) reviews
· Managing product safety and risk / opportunity assessments
· Identifying key skills required and developing the project team
· Mentoring of team members, providing guidance and support
As part of the project team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Project Manager:
· Complex project management, mentoring staff and leading teams
· Working to defined and structured lifecycle processes with formal gate reviews and a culture of measurement and continuous improvement
· Working to quality standards and qualifications, AS9100 desirable
· Critical thinking and problem solving
· Decision-making and leadership
· Stakeholder Management
· Strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
· Project management techniques and tools
Benefits: All employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.