A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the full delivery of engineering development projects and provide best practice guidance and management overview to all key projects within the Business Unit.
Within this role you will:
- Deliver Engineering Projects to time, cost and specification.
- Develop the Project Management process, infrastructure & resources.
- Ensure all projects align to the existing business processes.
- Coordinate with all functions in preparation of proposals and business plans.
- Act as the point of escalation for customer issues within individual projects.
- Manage and motivate the Project teams.
- Responsible for developing, approving and implementing plans to achieve cost and schedule reductions wherever possible.
- Work with The Engineering Manager to ensure that "Design to Cost" objectives are defined and managed throughout the life of the development programme.
- Managing complex development programmes through into production.
- Monthly presentation of progress to customers and senior management.
- Cost management and resource planning from bid phase through to programme award or R & D approval.
- Support Engineering to generate manufacturing packages (BOMs, PTSs, ATPs, drawings etc...) to satisfy the requirement of each design generated.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant certification in Project Management, Degree in a relevant departmental function/technology or relevant experience in a Project Management environment.
- In depth experience of managing projects of similar size/scope of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined team including project team, third party stakeholders and other internal functions.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience using key Project Management methodologies and
- Experience of managing projects through all phases of the lifecycle.