Up to £400 per day
almost 2 years ago
Project Manager - Local Government
6 Months Contract
London based with some travel to Bromley
£400 per day (outside IR35)
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Responsible for managing Office 365 (OneDrive and Exchange) migration projects for local government organisations in South London, including local councils, as part of their strategic IT transformation programmes.
- Has responsibility for planning and managing small to medium-sized projects that may significantly affect the organisation (up to £2M). Supervises the work of more junior Project Managers and other project staff and will work with external consultants and suppliers to ensure that their project is delivered on-time.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously. Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management methodology with a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. risk and Microsoft Office and Windows).
- Evaluates, sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solutions may require some new planning and resource elements.
- Projects may involve a higher element of risk to business and require ability to use recognised project management methods and processes, depending on risk profile and governance needs.
- Is recognised as a key supplier in delivery of a client or internal business benefit
- Must have proven ability to build stakeholder relationships at senior levels and manage these to achieve defined business aims (e.g. GM and above or prime external customer, e.g. IT Director).
- Appropriately manage 3rd party suppliers in terms of selection, deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Ability to lead a team and manage a portfolio of projects.
- Directs and manages on all elements of project and should guide more junior project staff.
- Qualified member of a recognised project management body (Prince2, APM, PMP)
- Experience of project delivery and stakeholder management as defined by the needs of the business, including customer, project team, project suppliers and other affected parties.
- Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threaten to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals (resource, budget or stakeholder in nature).
- Will have had five to seven years' experience of leading projects.
- Has previous experience of managing Office 365 (OneDrive and Exchange) migrations and preferably experience of rolling out Windows 10 within medium sized organisations.
- Delivering major projects to local government organisations with value up to £2M.
- Experienced user of, and/or accredited in a formal Project Management methodology such as Prince2 or APMP.