Project Manager - Technology Development
£55,000 - £65,000
A world-renowned company in the Renewable energy sector are looking for a Project Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that manufactures world-class technology and be involved in a range of complex advanced engineering projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects to time, cost and quality. They will be prime point of contact with customers and suppliers all over the world and ensuring the project is a success.
Responsibilities - Project Manager - West Sussex
- Accountable to the Chief Programmes Officer (CPO) and Technology Programme Directors for planning and execution of assigned projects according to business and technology strategy.
- Create detailed project charters, work package descriptions and resourced plans for complete projects, identifying areas such as critical path and key project dependencies.
- Manage the various stakeholders involved, including external suppliers and internally within Ceres Power across engineering, technology, manufacturing, supply chain management, commercial and finance. To include ownership of the day-to-day interface with key customers and suppliers.
- Manage risk within the project, identifying major risk drivers, their potential likelihood and impact, and implementation of necessary mitigation measures.
- Manage project quality within the organisation's quality framework, to ensure outcomes meet customer requirements.
- Secure agreement of resource plan for the project with functional leaders within the business, and ensure functional leaders fill any necessary skills or resource gaps.
- Use the Company's reporting framework to ensure all stakeholders receive the appropriate level and frequency of information on project status, and generation of regular management reports.
- Manage project cost through monitoring of internal and external spend to establish (a) cost vs. plan (b) cost to complete (c) cost reduction measures needed to meet plan.
- Support project reviews, involving preparation of material and co-ordination of evidence from other functions as needed.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience - Project Manager - West Sussex
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of R&D project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of technology project management techniques underpinned by technical background
- Experience of project managing or working within technically complex engineering products through development to start of production/product launch.
- Good experience of customer and supplier relationship management.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and situations, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of using Agile Project management techniques (i.e. Sprint/Scrum) would be an advantage
- Experience of planning and tracking projects using an integrated Gantt Chart-based application such as MS Project Server
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'