over 1 year ago
Salary depending on experience
The applicant most hold valid SC clearance or be able to obtain one
I am currently looking for a Bid Project Manager, to lead the project management aspects of a number of defence related opportunities as part of a bid team.
Reports to the Bid Support PPM Team Lead and particularly heavy with infrastructure.
The Project Manager's prime responsibility is to ensure that a project produces the required products, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
The role holder will:
Be experienced in the delivery of projects of varying scale and varying scope to include projects within the Defence arena
Manage the definition and agreement of project requirements
Manage the creation of the project risk register taking inputs from Subject Matter Experts and provide advice on the cost contingency that needs to be allocated.
Manage the production of an effective and deliverable plan, with identified time contingency and quality gates, which adheres to customer determined milestones, or to define the milestones to which the project will be delivered.
Provide project management related costs for the bids.
Contribute text as required for submission of materials as part of the bid, e.g. commercial schedules or compliancy responses.
Experience in managing large or complex projects through the full life-cycle
Experience of project management roles within Small/medium sized bids
Extensive experience of Risk, Planning and Financial (P&L) Management.
Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
Have sound influencing and negotiation skills
Excellent writing skills
Prince 2 or MSP Practitioner
Previous experience with working on Windows Servers
* Effective management of the project baseline
* Manages the production of the required products and the delivery of the project in partnership with the customer and business unit to ensure acceptance, closedown and handover to service
* Defines the project requirements, ensuring that the requirements catalogue traceability matrix is complete
* Manages the agreement process of the project requirements and objectives with the Project Board or appointed project assurance role. Operates along working practices ensuring compliance with local project management policy and procedure
* Produces and coordinates materials and baselines during all phases of the project by careful planning and documentation
* Establishing and reporting project Key Performance Indicators to the Project Board through Highlight Reports and stage assessments
* Manages business and project risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timescales and project costs are understood and underwritten by all by the appropriate parties
* Ensures that formal review procedures are used. Manages the risks associated with the deliverables of the project in line with project management community standards.
* Ensures that the impact on the business unit's profit & loss due to project activities within the scope of the project is clearly visible and that all contingency usage is signed-off by the appropriate governance authority e.g. Project Board.
* Builds and manages the relationship with key stakeholders (customer, subcontractors) typically senior level manager and Project Board
* Ensuring that the milestone achievements are signed by the customer and relevant invoices are raised