£30000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
This role will involve team working with various members of the organisation throughout the design, production, commercial and aftermarket teams, providing end to end experience with commercial & technology lifecycle and support.
This role would afford the successful applicant opportunities to:
Run continuous improvement projects
Build software tools for and perform data analysis
Conduct root cause analysis
Investigate product concerns with the aim of establishing effective, long term improvements.
* Technical Sourcing Activities:
1. Provide support to the Direct Materials group to ensure that parts are delivered to the correct quality and on time.
2. Work with SQA management to ensure issues identified by SQA are promptly reviewed and actions are appropriately assessed and completed
3. Manage reject disposition and ensure a prompt and correct action is taken.
4. Communicate effectively so that Sourcing Manager and Continuous Improvement Manager are fully briefed on projects and activities
5. Represent the Company with suppliers, customers and third-party agencies as required
6. Working with Engineering to resolve technical issues contributing to supply chain disruption
7. Identifying opportunities, providing solutions, and managing activities which will improve supply chain robustness, in particular linked to process improvements and obsolescence
* Continuous Improvement Activities:
1. Identify bottlenecks, problems and solutions in the supply chain working with suppliers, manufacturing, production control and shipping to ensure that deliveries to customers are met.
2. Assist in improving the vendor management approach to achieve the company objectives (on-time delivery, quality etc.)
3. Utilising data from supplier scorecards, expediting report, and other relevant sources, review and propose continuous improvement projects for action within Sourcing or cross functionally
4. Lead and facilitate process walkthroughs, Value Stream Maps, and use other Lean tools for the appropriate functional areas to identify areas for improvement and then propose projects to action an improvement
* To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Sourcing or Quality Department.
* To undertake business travel abroad or within the UK as and when required.
* A practiced problem solver and experience with Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
* Able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
* Able to analyse and interpret numerical and other data and make proposals and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
* Awareness of supplier capability and ability to formulate strong relationships both internally and externally
* Able to communicate in a constructive manner with personnel at various levels within the organisation and with customer and supplier representatives
* Can work under pressure to balance competing job priorities to agreed deadlines
* Able to grasp technical issues and lead / drive problem solving activities
* A completer finisher - i.e., someone who always finishes off a task with no loose ends
Knowledge & Experience:
* Hands on experience with product problem solving
* Experience with engineering drawings and standard industry processes
* Familiar with continuous improvement objectives and ethics
* Awareness of supply chain control methodologies
* Understanding of root cause investigation principles
* Experience with report writing, project management and data analysis
Education & Qualifications:
* Graduate level of education preferably in an Engineering or Production-related subject or equivalent experience
* MBA or similar postgraduate qualification would be beneficial