£30000 - £35000 per annum
22 days ago
Up to £35,000 basic
Based in Uxbridge
Join a leading aerospace manufacturer as a Purchasing Engineer working as part of their vibrant team within the Sourcing Department, focused on engineering support and continuous improvement.
Working alongside team members from various departments, this role includes supporting the design, production, commercial and aftermarket teams, providing end to end experience with commercial & technology lifecycle and support.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Technical Sourcing Activities
- Provide support to the Direct Materials group to ensure that parts are delivered to the correct quality and on time.
- Work with SQA management to ensure issues identified by SQA are promptly reviewed and actions are appropriately assessed and completed
- Manage reject disposition and ensure a prompt and correct action is taken.
- Communicate effectively so that Sourcing Manager and Continuous Improvement Manager are fully briefed on projects and activities
- Represent the Company with suppliers, customers and third-party agencies as required
- Working with Engineering to resolve technical issues contributing to supply chain disruption
- Identifying opportunities, providing solutions, and managing activities which will improve supply chain robustness, in particular linked to process improvements and obsolescence
- Continuous Improvement Activities
- Identify bottlenecks, problems and solutions in the supply chain working with suppliers, manufacturing, production control and shipping to ensure that deliveries to customers are met.
- Assist in improving the vendor management approach of Martin-Baker to achieve the company objectives (on-time delivery, quality etc.)
- Utilising data from supplier scorecards, expediting report, and other relevant sources, review and propose continuous improvement projects for action within Sourcing or cross functionally
- Lead and facilitate process walkthroughs, Value Stream Maps, and use other Lean tools for the appropriate functional areas to identify areas for improvement and then propose projects to action an improvement
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Sourcing or Quality Department.
- To undertake business travel abroad or within the UK as and when required.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field i.e. HNC/ONC in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering is preferred
- Background in engineering/manufacturing
- A practiced problem solver and experience with Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Experience with engineering drawings and standard industry processes
- Familiar with continuous improvement objectives and ethics
- Awareness of supplier capability and ability to formulate strong relationships both internally and externally.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.