£20000 - £21000 per annum + Pension & Holidays
10 months ago
Service Technician/Driver - Nottingham - QMC Hospital
£20,000-£21k per annum + benefits
37.5 hrs per week
A leading manufacturer of medical profiling beds and pressure care mattresses is seeking a Service Technician/driver to join their friendly team onsite at OMC Hospital.
Role: Likely 90% working on site in hospital, 10% service centre/driving
The 90% hospital work will be managing beds/mattresses across QMC Hospital Nottingham and another hospital site in Nottingham. Based in the bed stores receiving beds/mattresses deliveries from medstrom drivers, storing in bed store, receiving requests from wards if they need more bed/mattresses, taking bes/mattresses up to the wards, identifying any excess beds/mattresses not in use and taking them back down to bed store etc.
The 10% service centre/driving work - delivering and collecting beds/mattresses to and from hospitals and take to service centre to then clean, test and do minor repair works on beds/mattresses .
Location: Mainly based at QMC Hospital, Nottingham with some travel to other hospital site in Nottingham and the Nottingham service centre.
Working hours - varies depending on shifts. 4 shift patterns.
Tues - Sat - 8am - 3.30pm
Tues - Sat - 10 - 6pm
Sun - Thurs - 8am - 3.30pm
Sun - Thurs - 10 - 6pm
Compulsory on call rota - 1 in 10 weeks, paid as retainer of £170/week plus time and half for call outs.
- Use of shared van (don't get to take this home with them)
- On-call and call-out payments in addition to salary
- Contributory Pension
- Discount, reward and recognition programme
- Develop your career with a family-oriented business
- 30 days' holiday including bank holidays
* Customer service skills (experience dealing with people) ideally face to face (not telesales) e.g. delivery drivers (although need to be ok working at one site most of the time), warehouse operative/stock taking jobs, any experience in a hospital environment is a bonus e.g. cleaners, porters etc.
* Physically capable of doing job - lifting mattresses, walking around hospitals, pushing beds around hospitals.
* Driving License is essential
* Any mechanical/electrical background is beneficial, NOT essential
What happened next?
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application.