Quality Assurance Manager
Newhaven, East Sussex
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum + benefits
A Professional tool making, plastic injection and post-moulding specialist located in East Sussex. They manufacture for various industries, from the aerospace industry to the leisure industry.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for a team of Quality Assurance professionals. You will ensure quality assurance procedures, processes, practices and controls are properly developed, implemented and maintained.
RESPONSIBITIES & DUTIES:
- Supervision and management of the Quality Technician and Quality Engineer.
- Implement and maintain AS9100D throughout the organisation.
- Implement improvements and develop effective production techniques to continually improve the processes and mitigate risks from poor design, build and test.
- Manage the introduction of new products (NPI) into production, ensuring that opportunities to remove all manufacturing issues are identified and actioned before full time production commences and mitigate risks from design oversights.
- Prepare for and constructively contribute to, and complete actions from customer meetings.
- Host and own customers visits for the FAIRs and follow up actions to completion.
- Reviewing trend analysis and owning/instigating preventative action.
- Liaising with suppliers over non-conforming supplied product and design changes.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree/HND in an Engineering/Manufacturing field
- Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance would be desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of working to ISO9001, ISO14001 & AS9100 standards
- Background of working within a mechanical environment in a senior capacity
- Communicative and collaborative
This excellent opportunity is perfect for a Quality Manager who wants to join a well-established company and add real value, to both the Quality Assurance department and the products they manufacture. Please apply now!