Quality Control Engineer
Located in Middlesex
£35,000 - £40,000
A global leader in the Aerospace and Defence industry are looking for a Quality Control Engineer to join their quality department. The position provides support to manufacturing, co-ordinating remedial and improvement activities with the aim of achieving zero defects in all aspect of quality and delivery.
The company - Quality Control Engineer- Middlesex
My client designs, manufactures and specialises in critical lifesaving products that are required in the Aerospace and Defence sector. They supply to all around the world and have innovative products that has built them a highly reputable brand identity.
The role - Quality Control Engineer- Middlesex
- Processing of quality notifications on emerging defect: co-ordinate activities to contain product and ensure rapid disposition along with the completion of corrective actions where necessary.
- Strategically aligning local teams and driving the completion of actions in order to reduce escapes from manufacturing as measured on Quality Scorecard metrics.
- Audit of Release documentation where particular risks identified
- Ongoing product audit of Drawings/Routings/ATPS : Raise ADRs, Change Requests as necessary.
- Assist local team leaders and teams with CAR Response - Drive best practice of RCA and validate actions implemented as effective.
- Assist in validation/audit of new inspection and production equipment considering documentation and staff training aspects
- Raise internal Quality Alerts - Confirm understanding and acknowledgement from local staff
Qualifications/skills - Quality Control Engineer- Middlesex
- Experience working within Aerospace, Defence or automotive environment.
- Familiar and practiced use of root cause analysis tools and techniques.
- Practical understanding of common manufacturing quality control methods.
- Able to analyse current practises and plan longer term improvements
- Able to ensure the completion and validation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Attention to detail in preparation and publication of work for product or process incidents
- Able to communicate in a constructive manner with personnel at various levels within the organisation and with customer and supplier representatives
- Able to grasp technical issues quickly and lead and assist in problem solving activities
- Thorough questioning style
- A structured and methodical work style
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Advanced Vocational Qualification ie HND in Mechanical Engineering
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'