Based In Staffordshire
An Industry leading company that manufactures high end, innovative capital equipment need a Quality Engineer. The role will involve leading the operations on Quality Assurance and control including internal validation and factory acceptance testing and corrective/ preventative actions. Reporting of KPI's on quality measures, which will include customer complaints, commissioning and service trending for reliability and quality issues. Lead and provide input into continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide general support to the QA department in all quality-related matters.
- Investigate the root cause of quality related problems and bring about appropriate corrective actions and improvements.
- Perform internal process audits and manage corrective actions that arise.
- Lead and generate minutes of Rapiscan quality related meetings.
- Provide input in Material Review Board for disposition of faulty parts/assemblies. Where required action faults investigations through to root cause and implement solutions.
- Implement fully validated changes and ECO's to support Rapiscan internal corrective actions
- Provide Quality input into the product assembly processes including IVT and FAT activities, coordinating directly with Operations to resolve issues prior to equipment sign off.
- Undertake product radiation surveys and undertake role of Radiation Protection Supervisor.
- Collaborate with design, manufacturing and purchasing functions and to achieve optimum results, from initial product design through launch and mass production.
- Provide agreed KPI's to trend Quality performance in CAPA, Customer complaints, equipment performance/faults (RMA) and installation and servicing operations.
- Provide Quality input on regulatory certification (CE) and configuration control including software.
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience in manufacturing, quality and/or engineering and/or electronics related subject.
- 1-3 years' experience of working in a Quality Assurance role, ideally in a medical, aerospace or automotive environment.
- Good and effective communication skills at all levels
- ISO 9001 Lean and or Six Sigma understanding and experience
- Experience in a Regulatory Compliance- CE and software control
If you are interested in this position, please 'APPLY NOW'