Quality Assurance Engineer
Newhaven, East Sussex
£30,000 - £37,000 + Benefits
A leading Plastic Injection and Moulding specialist based in Newhaven, East Sussex. Manufacturing for various industries they supply into sectors such as Aerospace, Leisure and automotive.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the Quality of products through product development. Working with the Quality Manager and the Quality team, you will ensure issues are addressed and resolved prior to product release.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Work closely with Product Development, and Quality Engineers or QA Manager to develop appropriate verifications, validations and qualifications (subcontractors, system and subsystem), for both new design and changes to released product
- Participate in the review and disposition nonconformities and to work with Supplier to coordinate supplier corrective actions
- Provide validation support by applying manufacturing quality tools including, but not limited to: DFMEA, PFMEA, control plans, process verification/validation plans, process data
- Lead and/or Participate in complaint investigations, failure analysis of returned products, and issues resulting in a ship/stop production; document findings, provide reports and analysis
- Internal and External Auditing in line with ISO9001
- Maintain and develop quality systems throughout the factory operations ensuring that the highest standards of product quality are maintained
- Regularly update the Quality Manager on pending actions, completed project or any quality related production issues
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience within a Quality Engineering role within a manufacturing/engineering setting
- HNC/HND level of education
- Experience of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of Plastics or Injection Moulding is advantageous but not essential
- Experience with inspection measuring equipment
- Proactive, hands on approach
- Methodical approach
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a well-established, growing company.
Please apply now!