Horsham, West Sussex
£35000 - £45000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Based in Horsham West Sussex
A market leading technology company operating in highly regulated markets are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join their rapidly growing team. Your role is plays vital part in the company as you will be leading resolutions of the Quality Issues relating to non-conformances and using 8D methodology to ensure this.
You will also be leading the Quality planning team to support the continuous improvement activities to implement new systems and processes, which have to meet the business strategy and quality standards.
Key Responsibilities - Quality Engineer - West Sussex
- Lead 8d investigation through to the 8thd
- Drive the NPI utilising APQP
- Create plans for Internal PPAP
- Creation of Control plans
- Support Manufacturing team to ensure products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of product specification and quality management system.
- Monitor and report process stability and capability by analysing production data.
- Analyse non-conformances and implement required corrective and preventative actions using relevant quality tools.
- Promote a Quality culture via training and visual management tools.
- Develop process audit schemes site-wide to drive adherence to Quality Processes.
- Support KPI reporting for Quality and across the business.
- Support development of metrology equipment and measuring techniques as required supporting QC Laboratory efficiency.
- Supplier development
Key skills/Experience - Quality Engineer - West Sussex
- Experience in Advance Quality Planning
- Must have sound understanding of the 8d process and tools used to help establish root cause (Ishikawa, Red X, …)
- Possess a track record of achievement within the realms of Quality Engineering
- Ideally degree qualified or HNC with additional experience in engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Fully conversant with engineering and quality principles (including but not limited to SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE, sampling plans, NPI)
- Familiar with range of measuring and inspection equipment and can interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Excellent computer skills (including but not limited to Windows, Office, MS Access/SQL)
- Good ISO9001/TS16949 quality systems knowledge
- Strong statistical knowledge with advanced use of statistical software such as Minitab and practical use of statistical process control
- Development of suppliers
If you are interested in this exciting position and looking for personal development in a forward thinking company please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'