Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £40000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Quality Manager, your role will be to assist in maintaining the quality system and the development of the associated processes as well as supporting departments and Customers on quality issues and implementation of continuous improvement
Within this role you will:
- Investigate internal and external quality failures through to root cause and provide written cause and corrective action responses to improve yield and reduce cost of poor quality. Monitor and report on monthly metrics.
- Providing support for new design activities including design reviews, quality planning, First Article Reports, FMEA, NPI, Control Plans, Gauge R&R. Perform and support inspection training using structured techniques
- Champion site MRB process. Disposition and corrective action for non-conforming products
- Participating in product and process improvement / Kaizen projects. Update Process documentation
- Audit product and processes for compliance against ISO9001:2015 and Customer requirements.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, ideally specialising in RF&M design techniques.
- 5 years or more hands on design experience within an R&D department.
- Worked with development engineering and manufacturing groups to transition product into production.
- Knowledge and experience in using main RF design tools. (e.g. AWR, ADS, HFSS .. )
- Knowledge and experience in using RF test equipment (e.g. Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers).
- Will be eligible to obtain UK Secret Security Clearance / UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Previous experience within the UK Aerospace and Defence Industry an advantage.
- Experience in Quality engineering related to aerospace / defence / space manufacturing sectors ideally with an electronics bias
- Qualifications related to the role