£28000 - £30000 per annum
27 days ago
£30,000 basic salary + benefits!
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Join a leading aerospace supplier and manufacturing specialist as a Quality Inspector based in Southampton, Hampshire (training provided where appropriate).
- Support assigned value stream(s) through the inspection and certification of aerospace parts against drawings, model-based definitions, and other design data to ensure production requirements are achieved safely, on time and to the customer specifications.
- Use various measuring equipment, depending on product type, to validate that the product conforms to the part drawing and customer specifications.
- Undertake the inspection and confirm conformance of metallic and composite aerospace parts against design data (2D drawings, 3D model, etc..), inspection plans, and customers supporting documentation
- Use various measuring equipment to ensure parts are inspected to the correct requirements
- Accurately complete paperwork to maintain component traceability, including:
- Update and/or complete work route cards
- Raising & completing non-conformance for Internal, Supplier and Customer rejects
- Writing inspection reports, assessing pass & fail criteria against standard/drawing tolerances
- Completion of shipping paperwork
- Cover inspection activities in other value streams as required
- Work with value stream management to prioritise parts for inspection in line with the production plan
- Achieve a timely response to set targets
- Keep knowledge and training up to date to maintain FL/Q stamp status
- Support internal audits
- Record and / report non-confirming product to Quality Engineers
- Assist in determining and documenting work instructions, visual aids and inspection criteria Area Specific - Metallics
- Operate and programme the CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine), using PCDMIS
Essential Skills required:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject, or time-served apprenticeship in allied trades
- Previous experience of using measuring equipment e.g. micrometers, verniers, height gauges and shadow graphs
- Able to read and understand engineering/design drawings, specifications, and part drawings (accessed via PC)
- Desire to learn and evolve with the business There are certain aspects of this role that require mechanical / manual lifting of parts so some lifting will be required, and you must be capable of undertaking activities with appropriate assistance if required.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.