£25 - £30 per hour
2 months ago
Quality Inspector (Contract)
12 months - £30 per hour (Umbrella)
Join a leading aerospace organisation as a Project Management Business Partner based in Bristol.
- Ensure conformity of production and test operations within the Cleanroom in accordance with Plans, Processes and Procedures for Space Equipment production, to approved quality standards in particular ECSS-Q-ST-70-08, 28 & 38.
- Responsible and accountable for the correct "as built as design" validation
- Responsible for the environmental and H&S control of assembly, integration & test activities in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Promote quality first mind-set through Production operations aimed at prevention of non-quality in the cleanroom.
- Monitor and drive world class workmanship standards and clean room practices / processes
- Perform design and integrity verification inspections on Flight Hardware and Test set-up in accordance with Airbus D&S inspection criteria in addition to ECSS-Q-ST-70-08, 28 & 38 to ensure that the build complies with established design and quality rules.
- Identify and record non-conformities and investigate with manufacturing engineering, PA, M&P / Process Owner
- Support Root cause analysis of non-quality events with Project Quality to prevent further occurrence
- Perform internal audits on cleanroom activities as directed by Equipment Quality group
- Complete QVP verifications as directed by Equipment Quality Assurance group
- Support specific operational tasks such as critical move, Ready for Test process activities and flight packing
- Promote Health and Safety and 5S culture in cleanroom. Monitor operators & visitors in line with policy
- Ensure work environment in cleanroom is compliant with Health & Safety policy and any risks are mitigated.
- Perform documentation checks, paperwork completion and approval of reworks as required.
- Control and maintenance of quarantined Equipment
- Review and verify the certification of Production and Test staff participating in the various process activities, through the skills matrix and certification procedures
Essential Skills required:
- A background in aerospace/defence/automotive engineering is ideal
- Certification to ECSS Q 70 08/28/38 for inspection (inspection of surface mount components)
- IPC 610 Certication is desired, but not essential
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.