£275 - £300 per day
11 months ago
R&D Mechanical Engineer / Technician
An interesting contract role has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer / Technician to work in an R&D facility working on next generation products initially for 3 months with the expectation to extend. This is a hands-on role working on prototype capabilities and machines based in a lab environment.
Your role will be diverse and will include:
* Maintaining the prototype capability lab and the correspond key machines to ensure a good working state
* Accountable to initiate, define and document the work instructions for prototype machines.
* Explore, plan and verify new capabilities including but not limited to 3D printer, SLA, CNC, Injection Molding or others.
* Support the designers and developers to verify the parts made and understand the constraints.
* Define the correspond process to enable the prototype capability service as a state of art 'demand to delivery' example model
* Support the strategic prototype capability plan in the group.
* Assist the design team in other areas relevant to build and testing.
Given the variety of the role, we are open to hear from Mechanical biased Engineers / Technicians of all levels ideally with:
- Knowledge of mechanical design methods, tools and specification standards
- Working knowledge of high-volume injection molded component design and how it is made
- Working knowledge of high-volume product development methodologies and tools (i.e. 6-sigma, Cpk, Ppk, tolerance analysis etc.)
- Working knowledge of testing, measurements, and validation in Mechancial area
- Knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Hands on experiences for failure analysis and diagnostic on mechanical issues, willing to get hands dirty (intensively)
- Fluent in mechanical CAD software (ideally SolidWorks)
For more information apply now !
* Please note this role has been deemed inside IR35