Horsham, West Sussex
£38000 - £40000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Based in West Sussex
£32,000 - £34,000
A global leader in Engineering/manufacturing sector are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Reliability Engineer to support the mechanical engineering function group business. You will need to have a strong delivery focus, using your technical knowledge and reliability engineering tools to identify and minimise product risk.
The role - Reliability Engineer- West Sussex
- Provide input into the DFMEA and design review based on failure modes (DRBFM) processes
- Identify and implement improvements to the failure data management systems and failure analysis process including DFMEA, PFMEA and DRBFM
- Write technical reports on failure modes and mechanisms, interpreting from literature, test data, PTA reports, CAE analyses and materials analyses
- Produce reliability analyses in ReliaSoft Weibull++ and present results effectively
- Identify and implement improvements to the post-test analysis (PTA) process including measurement and disassembly techniques, process optimisation and data collection and storage methods
- Design, organise and analyse accelerated testing of failure modes associated with the Ceres Power cell and stack using internal and external test facilities
- Provide advice to team members and other areas of the business to ensure good reliability engineering practice throughout
- Perform root cause analysis on failed test pieces to systematically determine the cause of failure
Experience and skills - Reliability Engineer - West Sussex
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher-level engineering qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace, power generation or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to contribute to design review meetings and form working relationships with supplier partners and peer groups.
- Experience of reliability/durability predictions analysis and testing in another product area (preferably ReliaSoft Weibull++) and good understanding of statistical concepts
- Strong understanding of FMEA, DRBFM, and root cause analysis tools
- Knowledge of materials, heat transfer, thermodynamics, mechanics and hydraulics
If this role suits your skill set and you are looking for a new challenge please 'APPLY NOW'