Up to £20815 per annum
9 months ago
Residential Support Worker
Circa £20,815 per annum pro-rata + Benefits including 29 days holiday (pro rata) plus public/bank holidays
Our client offers residential care for children and young people aged between 8 and 18 with learning disabilities and complex needs, providing the young people with a safe, friendly and homely environment in which they are supported to reach their full potential.
As a Residential Support Worker, it will be your responsibility to support the service, ensuring positive outcomes are achieved at all times.
You will make a difference by:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children
- Accompanying children on activities and outings
- Administering medication.
- Completing general household chores.
- Delivering minimal personal care for children who require support
- Meal prepping - staff will be expected to cook from the menu.
- Promoting independence.
- Encouraging active participation during activities.
- Maintaining safeguarding practices within the service
- Documenting any incidents, and keeping regular diary entries during the shift of how the child has been
You will need:
- A positive attitude is a MUST.
- Previous experience working with Children and Young People would be an advantage.
- Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People (desirable not essential)
- Working application of safeguarding practices
- Experience of working with people who have Learning Difficulties and Behaviour that can challenge
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT skills (desirable not essential)
- Have sound understanding of different needs for both Children and Families.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and their families who most need it, working with one of the UK's largest Children's charities.