Risk Manager - SC Cleared
£300-£400 per day (inside IR35) DOE
6 Month contract
- Provide guidance at all levels on the application of risk management process and formal requirements for corporate governance.
- Maintain the DPS risk register and ensure quarterly review of Risks; reporting in line with formal requirements for effective internal control.
- Monitor quarterly review of programme and project risks; ensuring quality and consistency of approach across the business; ensure risks and their potential impact are accurately defined and assessed; and that appropriate mitigation plans are actively managed and reviewed for effectiveness.
- Ensure two-way communication of key risks to inform business decision making.
- Facilitate risk identification workshops as required to assist identification of business risk.
- Provide guidance and support to planning officers in their role as risk-coordinators.
- Identify Risk Management skills gaps for identified individuals and facilitate appropriate training.
- Experienced Risk Manager.
- Delivery of complex IT projects in a military environment.
- Capable of working efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, time critical working environment
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with all levels within the project teams and management
- Knowledge and experience of formal Project Management techniques, e.g. PRINCE/Agile.
- Ability to understand broad business issues.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills with a good eye for detail.
- Technical acumen.
- Knowledge and experience of deployments of IT systems into deployed military environments.
- Knowledge and experience of using ARM.