East Sussex, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum
9 months ago
Safety/Reliability Engineer (RMS)
Based in East Sussex
Up to £50,000 with flexibility for the right experience
My client is a leading Aerospace and Defence company and they are looking for highly competent RMS Engineer. You will be involved the complex subsystems this includes: Electronic, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical and Pneumatic.
Key responsibilities- Safety/Reliability Engineer (RMS) - East Sussex
- Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis and other calculations related to reliability.
- Familiarity with defence or military standards to understand and interpret customer / internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to ; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA's, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc.
- Write safety cases using Defence standards, including supporting documentation.
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with the defence and military standards
- Reliability prediction experience
- Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirements.
- Parts Stress Derating.
- Fault Tree Analysis.
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses.
- System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
Key Skills/Experience - Safety/Reliability Engineer (RMS) - East Sussex
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering field
- 5+ years' experience of working within the RMS Government Specfications and Handbooks
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and be able to develop and write technical analysis reports and plans.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, oral/written communication and PC skills are all essential.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, and MS Office application software.
- British National due to high level of security clearence
If you are interested in working for global leading and a rapidly expanding company this an opportunity not to miss. Please 'APPLY NOW'