£40000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
Satellite Network Test Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
A market leading consultancy that operates in the Military and Commercial sectors have expanded as a company and are now looking for a Satellite Network Test Engineer. You support the ongoing test programmes to ensure the project is to schedule and to the correct quality.
The Role - Satellite Network Test Engineer - Hertfordshire
The role is to develop the verification/test strategy which encompasses sub-system acceptance. You will also integrate end to end system tests of cutting-edge satellite communication networks.
- Development and execution of overall test strategy, test plans and procedures for complex mobile and fixed satcom networks.
- Development and execution of test cases which incorporate satellite payload, ground systems, satellite radio networks, IP and service networks, OSS and BSS technologies
- Identifying and troubleshooting system communication paths and capacity performance, as well as conducting post-test data analysis and reporting
- Create test reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues
- Review/comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and develop plans for and conduct anomaly test and analysis as required
Skills/Experience - Satellite Network Test Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (e.g., Electronics / Communication Systems).
- Testing experience in a variety of environments/venues, (stand-alone/integrated testing, factory acceptance testing and operational networks)
- Experience of planning test campaigns, conducting tests, collecting and analysing data from tests, communicating results and anomalies to test management and the customer through both presentations and formal test reports
- Experience in the troubleshooting of network, RF signal connection and protocol problems
- Experience and knowledge of IP Network design, including routing and VoIP
- Skills necessary to evaluate network hardware, software, algorithms and processes to verify and characterize the network capability
- Knowledge of test tools such as Wireshark, Spirent or equivalent
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity and performance analysis, and system architecture design
If you are interested in working with a market leader in the Satellite Communications industry, then please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'