£70 - £75 per hour + Inside IR35
12 months ago
12 months +
SC cleared Java Developer
*12 month contract
*Hybrid working - Portsmouth location for on site working x3 days a week
*£70 - £75 ph
*Software development lifecycle
A skilled Software Engineer is required to join a project team to deliver a Management System for a new Satellite development. The developer will work in an agile Development environment and will contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle and should have experience in design (particularly using UML/SysML), development (particularly using Java technologies) and test. The developer should have experience of working with micro services. Automated testing is a critical part of the project so any experience of this would be highly beneficial.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Development of code within an agile environment (Scrum) and in line with Quality and processes defined within the project
- Develop tasks assigned from Sprint Planning to include Unit Testing
- Develop implementation to meet defined Acceptance Criteria
- Support team with Scrum tasks such as Daily Scrum Meetings, Refinement Meetings, Sprint Planning, Closeout and Retrospectives
- Interact and support the Test Team to deliver a good quality product.
- Java Core (version 8+)
- Spring Boot 2.x.x - Good knowledge of Developing with the Spring Framework, JPA and Hibernate
- Experience of developing within a microservice architecture
- Web Services using RESTful APIs and HTTPS
- Distributed systems
- Knowledge and use of software design patterns (MVC)
- Agile Development Processes
- CI/CD delivery techniques
- Source code management (we use GIT)
- Use of Issue tracking systems (such as Jira)
- UML/SysML experience using Enterprise Architect or similar
- Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to promote innovation in self and others
- Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get in touch.