£585 - £635 per day + Inside IR35
about 2 months ago
6 months +
Oracle Software Engineer
*Sc cleared role
*Remote working with initial on site training in Liverpool
*6 months initial contract
*£585 a day - £635 a day
In order to be successful within this role, you will need to have demonstrable experience in an Oracle support environment, being a pro-active person with software support and development skills.
You should have a track record of independently solving difficult technical issues and defects, whilst assisting with DevOPs tasks such as the maintenance of builds. Giving input on architectural decisions for features and investigating and resolving issues with legacy code and practices. Mentor junior members and teaching best practice through sharing new knowledge and improvements with other teams.
* A good understanding of software testing principles
* Enthusiastic team participation with strong communication and the ability to multitask
* Systemic approach to problem solving
* Experience of development and/or support of Oracle PL/SQL modules in a large system
* Basic knowledge of Oracle Database Administration in a Development or Production role
* Exposure to Oracle 10g or later
* Knowledge of Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Service Bus or other Application Server technology
* In depth knowledge and experience in writing Oracle SQL statements and PL/SQL packages
* Exposure to Unix (the target is Sun Solaris, but any flavour of Unix or Linux is acceptable)
* Ability to collaborate with global engineering teams
* Previous use of source control with Subversion (SVN)
* Experience of deploying products onto enterprise systems
* Awareness of designing and building secure solutions
* Certification to ITIL foundation Performance Tuning of SQL and PL/SQL
* Advanced PL/SQL techniques (analytical functions, collection handling, bulk processing, objects, LOBs)
* Experience of Oracle partitioning
* Exposure to Oracle RAC, Oracle RMAN, Oracle Data Guard
The candidate must hold UK Security Clearance to SC level.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get in touch.