£480 - £550 per day
about 1 year ago
- 19 month contract
- Based in either Hereford / Worcester / Cheltenham
- Between £480 - £550 per day DOE
- Outside IR35
*Please note this role requires DV Clearance
The SCRUM MASTER sits within the Service Delivery and reports to the Chief Scrum Master. As a valued member of the team you will take ownership of an agile scrum team. You are responsible for making sure your team is clear about their goals, supporting them in clearing any blockers and making sure the current sprint priorities are coordinated within the agile team and with other teams. You will attend and represent your team at the scrum of scrums meetings with other scrum masters, resource scheduler, service owners and product owners to make sure goals are set and resources are secured to achieve them within the sprint period. As a Scrum Master you will also be a champion of the agile approach, coaching and supporting to ensure the agreed agile processes are being followed. This will include producing the relevant tracking and management information for both the account and customer stakeholders.
* Agile scrum team leader and champion working within your dynamic team.
* Working with the Resource Scheduler, the Chief and other Scrum Masters to make sure resources are placed in the agreed priority areas and resources are utilised and producing work of a good quality at a sustainable velocity.
* Participate in sprint planning attending the Scrum of Scrum meetings.
* Hold sprint retrospectives and feedback improvements to the team and the wider development and operations teams.
* Relationship management between service and project for the purposes of resource planning.
* Hold daily stand-ups with your team to make sure they remain focused on sprint goals and received daily feedback from your team members.
* Work within your sprint team to facilitate progress and address blockers by working with your team and the wider community.
* Produce a forward sprint plan, working with the relevant technical architects, service architect, your tester and product owner.
* Potentially manage more than one agile team depending on the size of complexity of the work backlog.
* Make sure deliverables coming out of the team meet sprint objectives and overall business need that will satisfy the product owner and the business requirement, backed up by test results, demonstrations and inspection as agreed.
* Make sure the deliverables are sustainable as they move into the run and operate phases.
* Produce reports at the right level to show progress.
* To ask for help when needed by raising blockers and impediments to the wider community.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Customer focused/Business aware
* Team leader and Player
* Adaptable and flexible
* Organised/Time Management
* Proactive, forward leaning
* Ideally previous experience of agile methods as a Scrum Master.
* Or a good project management background with a desire to move into agile methods of delivery.
* Has a background focused on a hands on day to day delivery.
* Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills to work at all levels.
* Previous examples of where you have managed project resources and client stakeholders.
* Experience or knowledge of agile tools, such as task management tooling, e.g. Jira.