Job Description - Secure Gateway Service Manager
£435 per day outside IR35
SC Cleared or NPPV3 Cleared
To manage and maintain the integrity and availability of secure gateway services, including firewalls and web proxy, in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
The Post holder is expected to have a flexible working approach and is required to undertake on-call duties on a rota basis. A good level of technical appreciation is required to head up service management tasks as part of a team. The Service Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all the supported systems availability meet agreed SLA targets
- Line management of the secure gateway team
- Managing and maintaining the MPS Secure External Gateway (SEG) infrastructure - this primarily consists of firewalls, Web Proxy appliances and associated network
- Chair Service review meetings with 3rd party suppliers (Dimension Data, Vodafone, FireEye, Trustwave etc.).
- Attend Internal Service Meetings with various Met Teams as required
- Manage/prioritise secure gateway team Project and BAU work via Service Now while ensuring that the defined SLA's and KPI's are met.
- Keep a log of Service/maintenance contracts and ensure that they are renewed on time to avoid Service disruption.
- Identify/manage risks and mitigations on the secure gateway platform as well as ensure that they are logged updated via Service Now.
- Ensure that the secure gateway infrastructure is patched/updated regularly and provide reports as required.
- Perform root-cause analysis, identify areas of opportunity, propose ideas and develop and implement remediation plans to close gaps.
- Interfacing with vendors on a regular basis to resolve technical issues and evaluate technology advancements.
- Documentation of system configurations and processes through the production of local working instructions of all service elements.
- Test and implementation of approved changes
- Participating in project work, which results in additional services being integrated into the existing secure gateway environment.
- Operation and Maintenance of backup and archival procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Experience
Working knowledge and experience of the following technologies; Virtualisation (VMware Hyper-V), Windows Server Infrastructure, E-mail (content filtering), firewalling and Proxy Services
You will also need any of the following qualifications (or equivalent):
* MCSA - Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
* MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
* CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
* Good understanding of ITIL processes (ITIL Foundation qualification preferred)
* SC Vetting Level is required.