about 2 years ago
Security Event Manager (Contract)
Corsham based Event Manager role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract
Must be DV Cleared to commence this role.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
- Enabling detection, notification, filtering and correlation of Events and Alerts in line with the CyISOC Service Operations policy;
- Reacting to the Alerts and Events by identifying, correlating, determining the correct control action and where necessary seeking advice from the Technical Authority;
- Supporting the evolution of processes in conjunction with the development and integration of the system; interacting with external third parties.
- Working with the CyISOC to develop the utility of Defence provided tooling to support Event Management.
Where necessary the contractor shall ensure that skills and knowledge transfer is carried out between the contractor and the authority using the authorities' recognised toolsets.
Mandatory Skills Required:
Good networking engineer with strong knowledge of routers and switches and being able to adapt to the monitoring toolset provided. Knowledge of the monitoring tools listed:
- WhatsUp Gold;
- BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Manager;
- BMC Discovery;
- Net IM;
- ARX, Portal and BMC Remedy;
- PCAP analysis;
Desirable Skills Required:
- Knowledge of NSoIT