Up to £450 per day
11 months ago
Rate: £450 pay rate
Start date: ASAP
End date: 3 month rolling
Senior Business Analyst
The Business Analyst (BA) will lead the requirements gathering, scoping, planning, gap analysis and customer experience improvements for Mobile Networks projects and / or programmes to drive achievement of the business strategy.
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
* Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisational change.
* Support the Business Analyst Manager, Mobile Networks and design directorates in the roadmap process, in understanding business needs and exploring / assessing initial options to enable early elimination of 'non-starters'.
* Identify stakeholders and their business needs. Work with these to understand problems, create options, assess feasibility and define scope of the solution.
* For chosen option, elicit, analyse, challenge, prioritise and document requirements to enable development of E2E business solution.
* Working with Mobile Networks Architects and / or Solution Designers to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, cost effective (e.g., leveraging 'out of the box' functionality as opposed to heavily bespoke) and maintains or improves operational performance.
* Work in partnership with Mobile Networks stakeholders to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, cost effective and maintains or improves customer experience / operational performance.
* Identify process impacts and lead implementation of required changes within Mobile Networks (e.g., definition of new processes)
* Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
* Capture and track the delivery of the requirements within the final project deliverables.
* Ensure user experience is defined and lead implementation of required changes.
* Provide input into Test Strategy and Plan.
* Proactively work with wider Networks communities and peers to develop and evolve methodologies, tools and techniques.
* Prepare small projects by identifying costs and timescales ready for delivery by a project manager.
* Strong track record of analysis assignments which have resulted in value add solutions.
* Experience of business process and operations within a service provider environment.
* Extensive expertise in breaking down problems, creating options and assessing feasibility.
* Strong experience in building and sustaining effective and trusted relationship at all levels up to Director.
* Experience of various tools and techniques, e.g., walkthroughs, requirements analysis, modelling, UML Use Case, Activity Diagrams, process and customer experience mapping.
* Excellent communications and presentation skills.
* Experience of scoping small projects ready for delivery by a project manager.
* A good understanding of project lifecycle methodologies such as Prince 2
* Experience of developing strong business cases
* Experience of business process and operations within a telecoms service provider environment.
Experience you would be expected to have
Mandatory Good commercial awareness
Mandatory Good organisational awareness
Mandatory Knowledge of project delivery processes
Preferred Telecom experience