£40000 - £45000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Based in Croydon
£40,000 - £45,000
A market leading electro-mechanical engineering, manufacturing business operating in highly regulated markets are seeking a Senior Buyer.
The company - Senior Buyer - Croydon
My client manufactures and specialises in electro-mechanical engineering, they work in many sectors such as Nuclear, Defence, and Oil and Gas. They supply to all around the world and have innovative products that has built them a highly reputable brand identity.
The role - Senior Buyer - Croydon
- Interface with suppliers to achieve targets and objectives
- Review data to make decisions on items to put on Kanban , setting up internal systems to deal with the demand trigger
- Proactively negotiating with suppliers to ensure the price and delivery is met
- Meeting targets for items on Kanban , price and delivery
- Making decisions on alternative supply of materials , if required
- Understand the requirement for the approval and purchase of fully traceable materials
- Keeping cost down by managing the product purchasing in an efficient way
- Visiting suppliers to assess capabilities , both current and prospective alternatives
- Plan and procure materials from approved suppliers to support achievement of production plan in line with agreed timelines
- Understand the customer flow down requirements and ensure that these are passed on and understood by the supplier
- Ensure risk analysis is done for key suppliers and mitigation actions identified where appropriate
- Supporting the Supply Chain manager with understanding and implementing changes to the Company ERP system
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes and new product launches
- Ensure materials meet the requirements of the drawings by understanding the differences in material grades
Qualifications/skills - Senior Buyer - Croydon
The ideal person will be a Senior Buyer or Purchaser from an engineering/manufacturing or production environment. You'll have a proven track record of multi department projects and will have strong IT skills MRP and other packages.
- Experienced Buyer/Purchaser
- CIPS qualified to level 4
- Experience of leading cost reduction activities
- Experience in an engineering/manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience of MRP systems
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'