CDI - 1174484_1652351299
Up to £600 per day
5 months ago
Job Title: Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £600 per day inside ir35
Security clearance at SC level is required for this role
I am recruiting a Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer for a client of mine who are an IT systems integrator operating within the central government space. You will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
Your role will include
- Analyse, develop and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance and enhancement of applications.
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business
- As the programme turns to transformation, help to transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Experience of build and administration of RHEL environments ·
- Experience of both use of RHV and build and management of RHV hosting infrastructures.
- Experience of RHEL management with Satellite. Should include automation/orchestration experience using Puppet
- Experience of using configuration management tooling such as Git.
- Good document writing skills. Ability to write low level design documents.
- Experience delivering solution implementation in line with provided high level design documentation
- Appreciation of ITIL and Service Management;
- Experience of working with the Atlassian toolset (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience in deploying third party and Cloud native services, leveraging PaaS services to deliver best practice monitoring and management.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing solutions using; AWS with Terraform, and Ansible.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of working with or implementing CI/CD infrastructure pipelines
- Demonstrable experience of automating deployment and configuration of COTS software and promoting deployments through multiple environments
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply ot this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829