£55000 - £85000 per annum
3 days ago
Senior Cloud Engineer
Salary: £56,000 - £85,000
Location: (REMOTE) Occasional travel to Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.
Role clearance type: You must be able to gain and maintain UK Government clearance (SC)
As part of Northrop Grumman's EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) IT Solutions team working within the Infrastructure team, this role will be a pinnacle part of supporting and developing the EMEA AWS infrastructure and service offering. The future growth of this role will encompass the development of an Azure and/or other cloud solutions. This role includes but not limited to being the first point of contact for any tickets and issues being logged, working with end users and senior engineers to quickly resolve issues, management of users and groups in AWS IAM/SSO, and deploying new AWS accounts using the AWS Service Catalogue.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package - choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme - exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel.
- Career Development - opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Day to day operational activities to support and develop our AWS environment and it's end users
- Work with the Senior Engineers to research and evaluate AWS services/solutions to enhance IT services and offering
- Work in collaboration with the customer to develop ideas and requests for features within AWS
- Work as part of a team to research, develop, and build upon AWS/Azure offerings in the business
- Opportunity to review, recommend, build out cutting edge cloud technologies
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or greater (essential)
- Experience with AWS services such as VPC, Transit Gateway, Security Hub, Guard Duty, Inspector, automation services, IaaS
- Experience with Azure services including M365, AD Sync, E3/E5 tenants
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders and innovate recommended solutions
- Keen to work towards AWS Specialist certification for Security or Networking
"We develop and provide a structured platform for our NG EMEA customers in order to help them succeed and drive the business forward. We are proud of what we do and are instrumental to our customers' success."
Glen - EMEA IT Infrastructure Manager @ Northrop Grumman UK
Your Future Team:
You will lead and be an authority on the AWS environment provided to the customer. Prepare to join an open and honest team, built on strong collaboration. Our development teams which use the cloud environments are experts and continuously drive forward to succeed. We believe and encourage continuous learning with access to various training opportunities. You will be at the forefront of our development environments.
You will have some experience working within AWS environments and have a drive to further your career but taking advantage of training opportunities for certifications. Deployment and management using infrastructure as code using JSON/YAML. Experience and a background in systems administration and team collaboration is beneficial.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We'll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.