West Sussex, England
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Control Engineer
You will be required to provide control and software engineering support as part of the Systems Engineering function group. As a Senior Control Engineer you will be the main point of contact for key customer programmes, where occasional off-site customer facing, and control calibration support will be required. Key tasks will be system design support from a control perspective, control requirements capture, modification of existing control strategies and calibration for new applications. You will also contribute to the ongoing development of Fuel Cell control software.
- Deliver project control development and calibrations for customer programmes
- Support the development of Fuel Cell Power Systems, products and components through control software changes and bespoke software builds.
- Work with the wider systems team and test department to support software calibration and issue resolution.
- Engage with end users of the control software to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver timely support and rapid issue resolution.
- Design, implementation, test and documentation of new control software features.
- Occasional design, manual modification, test and troubleshooting of electronics hardware
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Electronic Engineering degree or similar high-level qualification.
- Minimum 3 years' experience related to the above accountabilities, preferably in the automotive or aerospace sectors.
- Strong experience of software development using Matlab / Simulink and Embedded Coder
- Experience of modern high-level programming languages such as C/C++ and Python
- Experience of electronics hardware design and troubleshooting desired
- Experience with electronic control systems and common communications protocols such as CAN and Modbus.
- Knowledge of standard software development processes and industry best practice.
- Familiarity with automotive calibration tools such as ATI Vision, CANape or similar.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills to enable effective liaison with colleagues, and the exchange of complex software concepts with inexperienced users.
- Willingness to adapt and tailor working practices to suit the demands of the business
- Be a fast learner of domain knowledge and terminology