£42000 - £54000 per annum + Travel, Accomodation Allowance
about 2 years ago
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Mons, Belgium
Salary: £42,000 - £54,000
This role will require the applicant to undergo Security Clearances
I am currently looking for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to join my client in Mons, Belgium on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will join a market leader within the cyber defence field, working within a security cleared environment.
- Provide monitoring, alerting and incident handling services in line with SLAs
- Act as the escalation point for identifying the nature and extent of security incident and offer advice.
- Advise on incident containment measures through recommended initial actions.
- Provide advice relating to potential mitigation measures in order to prevent, or limit future reoccurrence.
- Have an understanding of Incident Response, Cyber Kill Chain, Threat Modelling and pertinent Attack Vectors.
- Perform proactive analysis across client networks by staying up to date on current threats.
- Develop and maintain a credible knowledge of current and emerging threats likely to affect the Integrity of the networks you are protecting.
- Review reoccurring false positive firings and assist in the tuning of SIEM and IDS rules to reduce false positives and maintain good security alerting.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Be able to excellently communicate at all levels, working with customers is a must, so we need you to be able to let them know what's going on.
- Experience in Cyber Security, e.g. Protective Monitoring, Incident Response, Security Engineering.
- SIEM (Arcsight, Splunk, etc) & IDS (Snort) experience.
- Have a sound knowledge of IT security best practice, common attack types & detection / prevention methods.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing & interpreting Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS), Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS) and log sources such as Firewalls, Routers, Security Appliances, Endpoints, etc, in order to identify anomalous activity.
These additional skills will also help:
- SANS SEC 503 Intrusion Detection in Depth or equivalent.
- SANS SEC 504 Incident Handling, Hacker Tools and Techniques or equivalent.
- SANS SEC 511 Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations or equivalent.
- Exposure to IT service management best practices such as ITIL.
- Knowledge of standards & guidelines such as, GDPR principles, NIST and Mitre ATT&CK framework.
- Threat Intelligence experience.
- Report Writing.