£600 - £700 per day
9 months ago
Senior Cyber Security
+ Role Type: Contract
+ Role Length: 6 Months +
+ Day Rate £600 - £700 Per Day (Inside IR35)
+ Must Hold SC Clearance
+ Fully Remote based
Essential Process Skills/Experience:
* Experience of the IT systems engineering lifecycle
* Understanding of the controlling processes for the systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements management, configuration management, testing and assurance) and where cyber assurance fits in to these
* Understanding of different lifecycles/methodologies (waterfall, incremental, agile, DevOps)
* Solid understanding of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) and practical experience in applying that understanding in management of risk and response to events and changes including concise reporting
* Experience of processes involved in gaining and maintaining accreditation for secure/sensitive systems using structured Risk analysis and treatment approaches
* Experience of process involved in gaining and maintaining certification for information security management systems, e.g. ISO27001
* Experience in tracing through and evaluating responses to security requirements for a system
* Experience in maintaining elements of security documentation sets (SyOps, RMADs, Security Management Plans, ISMS elements)
* Experience working in both delivery and proposal environments
* Experience working in CNI, MOD or Home Office project environments
* Understanding of principles of network and boundary protection technologies (firewalls, mail gateways, load balancers, anti-virus, IPS, IDS
* Understanding of Protective Monitoring systems (SIEM/SOC) and the principles of their deployment.
* Understanding of authentication and authorisation technologies (SAML, LDAP, PKI, etc.)
* Understanding of encryption and protocols and structures in support of deployment, e.g. custodian.
* Understanding of purpose and effectiveness of penetration tests or IT Health Checks, experience of scoping and coordinating these would be advantageous.
* CISSP, CISA, CISM, IS27001 Auditor or other similar certifications are an advantage.
Communication and Soft Skills:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and works well in a team environment;
* Capable of developing and communicating reports to meet defined objectives for intended audience;
* A good level of commercial awareness and project disciplines