£45000 - £56000 per annum + Corporate Package
over 2 years ago
Senior Database Administrator DBA
Technical skills - Oracle / SQL / DBA / Database Admin / RMAN / ASM / Dataguard
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior DBA ( Database Administrator ) to join a forward thinking global integration and managed services organisation who can showcase their Subject Matter Expertise with clients and delivery partners. Utilising your in-depth Oracle & SQL database administration, design, support, maintenance and performance tuning experience you will be working on critical production systems in unique environments with training & hands-on experience to the latest technologies.
You will be working for a recognisable and continually progressive company that boasts over 3,000 people globally with offices in UK, EMEA, Asia and the Americans working with colleagues who have strong technical domain experience and an eagerness to tackle challenging and highly technical problems.
As a DBA with SQL and Oracle technologies, you will be responsible for delivering support to a mixture of business critical, test and development databases, within a fully ITIL-aligned client environment that practices mature incident / problem / change management and service improvement processes. You will also be expected to contribute and implement ideas to improve service and identify ways to deliver more efficiently.
Database skills needed for the role include:
- Managing large multi-TB databases
- Deep and detailed experience of managing Databases including SQL and Oracle technologies
- Experience of designing and supporting enterprise systems that leverage SQL (All prevailing versions) and SQL application performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience of implementing high availability solutions like Clustering, Mirroring etc. and SQL Extended event
- Experience of troubleshooting complex SQL and Oracle issues, debugging code, and resolving enterprise level issues for backbone data storage solutions.
- Experience of developing, promoting and monitoring SQL Standards for IT developments and initiatives.
- Good working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio 2015
- Experience of SharePoint, .NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, JQuery, CSS, HTML, PowerShell scripting, InfoPath forms and BI capabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced DBA to showcase their abilities on a global scale within a high tech arena.