CDI - 1201029_1664462895
£650 - £700 per day
2 months ago
Job title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Contract: 6 months+
Rate: £650 - £700 per day inside ir35
SC security clearance is required for this role
I am looking for Senior DevOps Engineers for a client of mine who are an IT Systems Integrator operating within the UK defence and central government space We are looking for someone to lead the Linux Engineering element of the team working with their other domain counterparts to move the existing hosted solution into the cloud, this per will have a passion for all things Linux and have experience in moving to a hybrid or fully cloud platform. You will ideally have an Operational Support services background with experience in cloud hosted and privately hosted environments.
- Be a member of the project technical leadership, taking ownership of the Linux integration, and support elements of the solution.
- Analyse, develop, and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes, and upgrades.
- Help transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Experience of build and administration of Red Hat Linux environments ·
- Experience building and managing Red Hat Virtualization (RHV)-hosted infrastructures.
- Experience of using configuration management tooling such as Git.
- Ability to write low level design documents.
- Experience of working with or implementing CI/CD infrastructure pipelines.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management.
- Experience of working with the Atlassian toolset (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo).
- Experience of RHEL management with Satellite. Should include automation/orchestration experience using Puppet.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please feel free to reply to this advert or call me on 01737 821029 or 07766 512829