4 months ago
Senior Domain Architect
- Basingstoke (BSN01)
- BasingstokeRG22 4BY
Target Start Date
Jul 5, 2021
Target End Date - (likely extension)
Mar 31, 2022
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone to join a dynamic team and provide expertise in DNS/DHCP and Bluecat. Can you design/implement and provide better, more effective solutions by building upon your existing knowledge and ability? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work in a challenging, but extremely rewarding environment and offer ground-breaking solutions to everyday problems for our customers.
We are looking for Domain Architects with experience of DNS/DNCP infrastructure to work and deliver cutting-edge solutions. The post holder will own all aspects of the architecture, design and implementations of solutions, ensuring they are aligned to the requirements. The work packages will be a combination of delivering requests for change and providing technical proposals to support the impacting process of change requests.
- Proven experience of architecture and design of network infrastructure solutions including DNS, DHCP, IPAM and Bluecat, including hands-on implementation and configuration.
- Proven experience of producing concise technical documentation, high-level and low-level designs as well as build guides.
- Proven experience of working within the programme methodology, through different project stages, troubleshooting technical issues in different test environments and successfully handing solutions or changes over to service support.
- Demonstrable experience to impact requests for change and documenting solutions to the given requirements and customer's vision.
- Experienced in reporting progress and supporting the Project Manager on a day to day basis.
- Proven experience of Linux, and scripting (VBS and PowerShell).
- Understands Microsoft Windows Server DNS & DHCP architecture.
- Desirable to have experience of DNS and DHCP migrations between Windows and Linux.
- Able to provide fourth line support in his area of specialisms as well as to other project and service teams.
- Able to be flexible to provide support as and when required.
- Excellent communications, team player and able to work under pressure.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills in terms of networking and use of nslookup/dig.
- Can work with minimum supervision and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrably operates as the overall infrastructure Customer Solution Architect [CSA] for large, complex solutions.
- Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
- Authors design and test documents for large, complex infrastructures, whose risk and cost elements are accepted by the overall CSA or Project Manager.
- Can evidence regular contributions to customer forums, conferences and professional bodies.
- Tangible recognition from customers and/or company sales of being a major influence in the customer choosing the company
- Using company prescribed methodologies, can demonstrate a contribution to the definition of customer overall IT architecture, including new solutions or significant size and complexity and which contain solution components from contributing specialists.
- Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
CBSbutler is acting as an employment business for this role.