A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your main responsibilities will be to design, develop and implement innovative electro-mechanical design solutions from initial customer enquiry through to production. Conducting design, development and prototyping of complex electronic systems for specialised secure applications, in line with all applicable legislation and company directives.
Within this role you will:
- Create innovative design solutions to comply with customer product specification and within budgetary targets.
- Develop strong working relationships with other team members and functions to ensure that designs are fit for purpose and are capable of being manufactured cost efficiently.
- Provide a strong understanding of implementing modern design practices, manufacturing/prototyping processes and their costs drivers.
- Work as an integral part of the Engineering design and development team to identify and recommend TEMPEST control and functional approaches to ensure compliance with UK and NATO standards.
- Support problem solving of design related issues on existing and new product developments
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent, with design experience.
- Detailed understanding of modern communications and IT equipment and uses in the secure and rugged markets.
Experienced in supporting R&D and NPI initiatives.
- Have an understanding of EMC and EMI.
It is essential to the role that all candidate must be eligible for security vetting. Ability to obtain SC clearance.