£55000 - £65000 per annum
23 days ago
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£55,000 - £65,000
Remote working - travel to Farnborough 1-2 times a week
Must be eligible for SC clearance (sole British)
A global leader in the integration and application of IT, engineering and science is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their extended team to help with migrating critical legacy infrastructure to the AWS cloud.
In this role, you will act as a leader that creates a safe, inclusive environment by encouraging people to speak freely, listen to people, and be an advocate for change and innovation. This role is predominantly remote with travel to site and customers sites on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work within a complex programme focusing on your area of responsibility but ensuring to keep the big picture in mind by building relationships within and outside the programme.
- Define requirements and produce Low-Level Designs (LLDs) of which the engineers can build from.
- Delivery of outcomes with appreciation of quality, time, and cost:
- Commitment, integrity, and collaboration: Compliance to engineering guidelines and best Embody those principles as a Senior Engineer on a delivery stream for the project in delivery within own area of responsibility - be focussed on the value to the customer;
- Co-ordinate delivery of engineering services as senior engineer within an engineering team focused on timely outcomes;
- Be agile, be innovative, and collaborative in your approach to finding the best way forward when things change.
- Development of less experienced team members - daily check in with those you work with, ensure you are aligned, share goals, and success.
- Contribution to Leidos capability model through engagement with centres of Excellence and internal development initiatives.
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure technologies (virtualisation, storage, directory services, monitoring, and management).
- Experience with SUSE Linux and Solaris.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies and their application: (AD, DNS Infoblox, LDAP).
- Experience leading or managing an infrastructure team.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud.
- Experience in backup technologies and storage solutions such as Veritas and NetApp.
- Broad understanding of other technologies such as software development, systems engineering, data science/engineering, Security (Cyber/Info Assurance).
- Appreciation of frameworks and methodologies such as ITIL, waterfall, agile (SCRUM, SAFe).
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.