£450 - £451 per day
2 months ago
Senior Infrastructure Engineer/ 3rd line support
Contract: 6 months
Rate: £450 per day (inside ir35)
Clearance: SC required
Some remote working available
- Microsoft SCCM administration to an advanced, professional level
- Administration of support queues - Incident and workload management Progress incidents and problems to their conclusion
- Report anomalies and bring up issues to Team Leader
- Provide third-line support to site teams and projects
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining processes and procedures
- Suggest improvements and innovations (CSI&I) that could assist introduce efficiencies into the environment
- Work with business and security frameworks (ITIL, JSP, IMM
You must have:
- Microsoft SCCM Administration - Software distribution, OS deployment and monthly Patches
- 3rd line experience within a customer - client side - support environment, and an appreciation of the impact of problems on the customer business.
- Documentation Skills, with the ability to produce end user documents, as well as operational procedure documentation for use by service desk personnel.
- Scripting - PowerShell, VBS etc.
- Software integration and compatibility testing, as well as operation build and modelling
- Able to efficiently support application packages
It would be great if you had
- Accreditation to technical level or equivalent essential (ex: MCSE) and accreditation in another technology area preferred
- Application virtualisation and sequencing such as APPV
- VDI Management and Support
- Endpoint device control (Ivanti)
- Secure remote access
- ITIL v3
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria's Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) business unit designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's public and private sectors. In ADS we foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The day job
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to provide third-line support to site teams and projects on this established Sopra Steria defence account. You will cover both hardware and software support on a large and exciting secure site, as well as providing integration reports on new software and hardware entering the estate, and package and distribute software components to the Enterprise using Microsoft SCCM. This is one of our most prestigious defence secure customer sites, you will make a real difference.
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!