£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 (Depending on experience)
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire (Hybrid working)
*Must hold / be eligible for SC Clearance*
Your role will include:
- Be a member of the project technical leadership, taking ownership of the Linux integration, and support elements of the solution.
- Analyse, develop, and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes, and upgrades.
- Train less experienced engineers on updates and new installations.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance, and enhancement of applications.
- Act as a SME to drive continuous improvements.
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business.
- Help transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest technologies.