£48000 - £54000 per annum + Corporate Package
11 months ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Commutable from: Surrey , Greater London , Berkshire, Bucks
A technically competent Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required for an Engineering company who specialise in manufacturing highly complex bespoke systems used in the Defence and Aerospace sectors across the globe. Working on a new programme you will work closely with Project and Programme Managers, playing a key role generating design concepts with customer requirements and engineering specification, including international and military standards. It also requires the production of commercially viable product definition information (PDI) including 3D models, detail, and assembly engineering drawings.
Dependant on project work you may need to manage a team so any experience would be beneficial.
Working for a reputable company who continue to grow the role will give you job satisfaction as you are challenged in a professional but highly rewarding environment.
Required Experience includes:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Accredited by IMechE.
- Experience in design software including 3D CAD modelling.
- Several years of experience gained ideally in the Aerospace / Defence sector or other safety-critical environments.
- Knowledge of finite element techniques / hand caluclations and validate FE analysis
- GD&T to ASME and associated standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an employer who pride themselves on the products they produce and the reputation they have forged in the market.